Duplicated printers are setup on OS 10.4

Dennis Chen yenychen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:26:49 PDT 2010

We are developing multi-function USB printer and we configure 2 USB printer interfaces in the USB Configuration/Interface descriptors, so we can have Printer-A and Printer-B setup on Mac 10.5/10.6 successfully after installing drivers and plug in USB cable.

But we will get two Printer-A and two Printer-B setup on Mac 10.4 after installing drivers and plug in USB cable. Sometimes we will have even 3 Printer-A and two Printer-B. The problem can be seen on all our 8 kinds of Mac computers, even we update CUPS to 1.2.12 or even 1.3.

All setup printers work correctly, but appearing twice
in the printer setup tools will confuse the users. Although it's only found in 10.4, any solution/workaround/comment are appreciated.