[cups.general] Choosing a monochrome laser printer

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 04:53:20 PDT 2010

On Monday 14 June 2010 22:57:24 Mike wrote:
> I would appreciate recommendations on a compact B/W laser printer which
> works perfectly with CUPS (this is crucial) and has the following
> features: * can print on B5, ideally in duplex as well
> * reasonably fast: I will be printing B/W PDFs with lots of text & graphics
>
> I expect to be printing 50-100 pages a week.

Hello Mike,

I've recently bought this laser printer which nicely fits all your criteria:

http://www.office.xerox.com/product-resources/3250/DN/enus.html

This one, the one with "/DN" in the name, is the network model (I actually
didn't need the network feature) but it was the one that had Postscript 3
emulation (besides PCL of course). I love the duplexing feature and the
quality is superb. I'm very satisfied with it.  Check the many reviews out
there and decide for yourself.

And regarding "compact"...well...that is relative. I'm not sure if it will
meet your definition of compact :)

Best regards,
Jorge