[cups.general] Introducing Apple's Bonjour or mDNSresponder into Linux

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 05:12:51 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 13:54 +0200, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Is there already some start available for the Avahi support? I know that
> there is the Red Hat patch for the dnssd backend, but is there already a
> start for the CUPS daemon? Mike did you already work on it in 1.5? Tim,
> did you already start to work on the 1.4 CUPS daemon? Is there already
> available code?

Not yet, but the general approach is illustrated in the dnssd backend
patch.  The difference for the scheduler is that we'll need to integrate
it into the main loop.

I don't anticipate the amount of actual code required being very much,
it's just a question of understanding the API and having the time to
write and test it.

Tim.
*/