[cups.general] 4 pages per side on a Samsung printer

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Thu Jun 17 00:46:59 PDT 2010

I'm surprised to have no answer to my post. I expected that
a specialized cups forum would be read. from time to time,
by a cyps guru...
May-be this post will be more successful?

  I have the following problem when I print any pdf file,
  either with acroread or okular, on a Samsung ML-2850:
  I always get 4 pages per side, which makes the printout
  almost impossible to read.
  I have exactly the same problem with xfig.

  THIS IS CLEARLY A CUPS FILTER PROBLEM, BECAUSE:

   1/ I have no problem with my 2 inkjet printers
   2/ all my software settings for all printers are to 1-up
   3/ with evince, I get 1-up
   4/ if I use the "-l" lpr option to print the poscript file
      generated by acroread, I also get 1-up

--
Pierre Frenkiel