Choosing a monochrome laser printer

Mike mb78aa at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 17:59:38 PDT 2010

Thanks Pat.

The printer is partially working with Debian. I've installed a driver from Canon's website so it prints OK PS and PDF with lpr from the command line.
However, when trying to print directly from firefox or evince, for example, it usually fails (reports incorrect paper size). It's a Japanese model, seems to be very `Windows' oriented and all the menus are in Japanese which makes it a hassle to handle this occasional errors.

Cheers.