[cups.general] 4 pages per side on a Samsung printer

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Jun 18 03:23:41 PDT 2010

Hello,

On Jun 18 10:45 Pierre Frenkiel wrote (shortened):
>   To try the ML-3051ND driver, I created a new printer named "sam2"
>   Now, thinking that the problem was fixed with that driver, I renamed
>   the printer "sam" ... and the problem reappeared!

It seems you have somewhere a lpoptions file like
/etc/cups/lpoptions ~/.cups/lpoptions or ~/.lpoptions
which has a setting for 4 pages per side for the queue "sam".
For some background information you may have a look at
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Print_Settings_with_CUPS

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex