[cups.general] Can we limit the number of active jobs on a given printer?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jun 22 06:04:42 PDT 2010

Hello,

On Jun 18 10:40 Kai Lanz wrote (shortened):
> For brevity, I've removed our boilerplate comments and
> some of the error-checking code.
> /bin/egrep -q ^[\ ]*$job" " $DB_DIR/$printer.db

The '"' characters above look like a syntax error.

It would have been better to see your unchanged script
plus some example data what your script processes
e.g. what exactly results "/usr/local/bin/mylpq $printer"
and what is in your printer.db on your particular system.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex