EPL2 v1.3 (OS X 10.5) vs.EPL2 v1.4 (OS X 10.6) & Zebra label printer

Colin colin.dolphin at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 07:39:34 PDT 2010

I have a Zebra label printer conencted to my iMac via USB with the CUPS EPL2 v1.3 driver. It works fine. On my MacMini I've OS X (10.6) that comes with CUPS EPL2 v1.4. Printing a label from my database on the iMac is quick. However, printing labels from the same database on the MacMini to the same printer, also conencted via USB, behaves differently - the label prints as quickly as on the iMac but the printer takes ages (~30sec) to clear the print job from its queue before it can print another label.

Any ideas - please?

Before I change back to 10,5 on the MacMini is there someway I can copy the EPL2 v1.3 driver to the MacMini to test?