Can't access spool folder

Daniel Stoeck trashmay at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 09:30:44 PDT 2010

Hi there,

I am using Helge Blischke's prtofile backend and when I try to print I get an error message like this: "/private/var/spool/cups/c00061: No such file or directory"

/private/var/spool/cups has 710 permissions and belongs to root:_lp
/private/var/spool/cups/c00061 has 600 permissions and belongs to root:_lp
(61 is the jobid)

Obviously the printer cannot spool into its spool directory. But how can I avoid this permission issue?

The backend has 700 permissions to make it run as root.
The Device_URI is "prtofile:///Volumes/MacHD/output/ps/"
The given PPD is the common Adobe Distiller PPD

Why does the printer not have permission to write into its spool folder? Can I just change the permissions of the spool folder to anything else to fix this?

Greetings from Germany,
Daniel