[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3602: No Restriction for input value on CUPS U.I when using Custom Option

Kai Masaru Kai.Masaru at exc.epson.co.jp
Thu Jun 10 18:17:12 PDT 2010

[STR New]

When using Custom Option, any value is given to the filter from CUPS.

We think a mechanism to restrict an input value on CUPS U.I like ppd
constraints is necessary,
for example, possible setting value of Brightness is -25 – 25 on our
driver.

Currently, any value is given to the filter from CUPS, so the filter
decides an incorrect value.
In that case, a judgment can not be made until printing is processed.
Therefore, we think it is necessary to have a mechanism that is to show an
incorrect value to users
before printing is processed.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3602
Version:  -feature