Possible problem in Cups 1.4.3 running on oprnSUSE 11.3

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Wed Jun 16 08:33:39 PDT 2010

Posted this to general list with no response. If this is Bug I will
be glad to file bug report.

Cups 1.4.3
Iscan 2.23
Printer: Xerox Phaser 6120 (4 color laser)
Scanner: Epson CX6600 MFP (printer/copier function not working for
several years. It still scans good)

Document shown at links below is an .odt printed from openoffice
writer, other that fails is a pdftops document.

When I scan a color document to the printer it scrambles the
document. If scanned as a black and white document it
prints ok, also if scanned as a color document to a file and then
printed, its ok.(printer config set to LPR (no options)in all
cases, preview looks good also).

Good Document:
  http://www.imagebam.com/image/bc962784217634

Printed document:
  http://www.imagebam.com/image/566caa84217543

Seem to remember a problem late last year and early this year which
was fixed. Here's the first few lines of test Helge sent me. I
think it was scrambled data on scan on 11.2. In January 2010.
Don't know if this is releated issue.

<code>
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# xc6120pstops - special filter to bracket PS jobs with the
suitable PJL commands for the Phaser 6120 PS printer
# Copyright 2010 by Helge Blischke (<h.blischke at acm.org>)
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it #  under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
# published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
# the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
# 1.00 - 2010-01-15/Bl
</code>

openSUSE 11.3 configuration:

openSUSE 11.3 MS7 2.6.34-8-desktop | KDE4.5 Beta 2 Release "3" |
Intel(R)
Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 | 4 GB DDR3 | GeForce 8400GS | 320GB Disc
(2)

When printed on openSUSE 11.2 (see signature below):
Iscan 2.23
Cups 1.3.11

Everything prints good in all modes.

All hardware is same for 11.3 and 11.2 except OS's are on separate
320GB Drives (Dual Boot).

Is there any way to isolate this further? I tried newest Iscan 2.24
with same results in both cases. Problem does not appear to be
Iscan or PPD. I've been using it for a long time,

Thanks for any help or suggestions on how to isolate this. Hope
this is not to confusing, I'm not sure how to explain it or if it
even is a CUPS problem.

--
Russ
| openSUSE 11.2 (2.6.31.12-0.2-desktop) x86_64 | KDE 4.4.3 | Intel
Core 2 Dual E7200 | 4 GB RAM | GeForce 8400 GS | 320GB Disc (2) |