Using CUPS to connect an application in Windows

cl408e gsem980 at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Mar 2 00:57:11 PST 2010

Hi all,

I need to use CUPS to send the print data to an application running on Windows XP environment.

My application will have a socket/port running. In CUPS, I assume I can define the IP address of the PC where the application is hosted.

But I am not sure how this can be done/possible? Is CUPS only able to send data to a real printer? In my case, I will want to CUPS just dump the print data to my application without expecting any status reply from my application.

Please give me your insights.
This is urgent.

Thank you.
cl