Can not see installed printers

Kurt kurt at e-wire.net.au
Tue Mar 2 16:52:47 PST 2010

I have CUPS installed on Solaris 10 and have set up printers through the web interface eg Http://localhost:631

I have 2 printers setup here (printer names are officeprt & storeprt), and both seem setup correctly and I can print test pages no problem.

But in applications when I go to print, the only printer that is available is LP. I can not see or select officeprt or storeprt, I am not sure where this LP printer comes from. If i try to print to this LP printer nothing happens.

I have no idea why these printer do not get displayed.

Does anyone have any ideas what I may have configured incorrectly.

Thanks