[cups.general] Doubt about cups MaxJobs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 5 09:28:46 PST 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 11:45 PM, Salatiel Filho wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 02:55, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
>> That article hasn't been updated since CUPS 1.4 was released; now we only keep active and recently accessed completed jobs in memory. Sending SIGHUP will unload the completed jobs.
>
> I am using cups 1.3.7 from redhat 5.4. Does sighup release completed
> jobs that i manually deleted in this version ?

CUPS 1.3.x won't auto-unload jobs, however if you purge them ("cancel -a printer") they are freed from memory. Alternately you can manually remove the "c" files in the spool directory and then sent cupsd a SIGHUP, although I will caution you not to make that a regular part of your workflow since the existence of "c" files is an implementation detail and not a supported API...