[cups.general] canon ip2600 acquires but does not print

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 12:14:39 PST 2010

On 2010/03/07 09:16 (GMT-0800) tailkinker composed:

> I have a canon ip2600 printer and mandriva linux 2010.  The computer
> recognizes the presence of the printer, sends files, but nothing prints
> out. I also installed extra files recommended in the mandriva forum.
> Went to the troubleshooter, but do not know what to do to make this

What extra files? I a Canon MF4370DN several months ago, in part because
Linux support was written on the box. Turns out Linux support from Canon USA
does not exist. I had to go to http://software.canon-europe.com/ to find a
zip file containing 32 bit & 64 debs & rpms containing a UFR driver that works.
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/