Mix of different InputSlots and different Duplex modes in one print job

Patrick F fritzsch at physik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Mar 15 09:37:39 PDT 2010

Hello,
When i try to mix different InputSlots and different Duplexmodes for special pages in one print job, i get into trouble.

e.g. how it is defined in:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/database/cupsdocumentation

even this simple example:
lp -d foo1 -o 1:InputSlot=Letterhead -o InputSlot=Standard file
does not work properly. It prints one page on Slot 1 and the whole document on Slot2.

I understand that these PageSelection mechanism seems to be supported only for foomatic drivers.

My Questions is: How can i specify this for all possible kind of drivers?

Using different print jobs would solve it, but this is not what my customers want to.

if i have a non-foomatic driver i can extract Postscript code from the drivers PPD File and use this in the Postscript file, which i print. And in one print job i can give several postscript files. but when i print something like %%FoomaticRIPOptionSetting: InputSlot=Upper into a postscript file this doesnt work.
greetings,
patrick