ServerName not used accesing admin in GUI

Victor Mora victor at ac.upc.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:33:16 PDT 2010

We are running cups in a server named AAA with the DNS cname printserver pointing to it. The ServerName in cupsd.conf is printserver

When we access to the admin section in the GUI, we can see the following message:

You must access this page using the URL https://AAA:631/admin

As you can see, it is using the FQDN and not the servername value.

This is a problem because AAA is not in the https SSL certificate. In the future we may change the cups to host BBB and we don't want to revoke SSL certificate, changing DNS cname will suffice. The right message would be:

You must access this page using the URL https://printserver:631/admin

It seems that in schedule/client.c the variable con->servername is getting the value from the name resolver, ignoring servername variable at cupsd.conf

How can we resolve this?

Thanks in advance