number-up margins not behaving as expected

Brian bmunter at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 18:53:47 PDT 2010

All -

I am printing a 6 page PDF 2-up in duplex.  Command as follows:

lp -d HP_9040 -o media=11x17 -o sides=two-sided-long-edge -o number-up=2 -o fitplot Binder1.pdf

My issue is everything works great except that there is about a 1" margin around everything.  I have tried almost every option to scale it larger, shrink margins, etc but I can not get rid of that 1" margin.  I have seen a couple other posts with this same question but never answered (at least that I can find).

Does anyone have insight on this issue or experienced this before with 2-up printing?  1-up works fine.  Just with 2 or more on same page it puts this unmovable margin around it.  Any help is much appreciated :)

Thank you
Brian