[cups.development] Localized messages from cups API

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 17 11:24:46 PDT 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 11:13 AM, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
>> CUPS only provides localized versions of messages it generates.
>>
>> For error messages use cupsLastErrorString() to get the localized message.
>
> Yes, that's the function I use, does it rely on LANGUAGE or LANG to be set?

CUPS looks for the LANG and LC_MESSAGES environment variables to get the localization that is needed. If you use any of the convenience functions or ippNewRequest() then the attributes-natural-language value is filled in for you, otherwise you should call cupsLangDefault() to get the default language and proceed from there.