[cups.bugs] Nearly no Messages in error_log at LogLevel Info

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 24 09:01:32 PDT 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 8:01 AM, IVV5 University of Münster wrote:
>>> any ideas on the logging problem?
>>
>> None.
>
> I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. This *is* a bug of some sort. Is there really no one here interested in researching and solving this? I am not coding cups and I'm sure it's quite a job to develop this. In general: Thumbs up to everyone working on this project.
> But logging is a basic and important funtionality. If I was part of the cups project I would want to resolve bugs like this.

and if I was able to reproduce the problem, I would try to help more. But the thing is, I *can't* reproduce it and this forum is populated by VOLUNTEERS.

Some things to try:

1. You didn't report what version of Solaris or what compiler you are using - make sure you have ALL updates installed (including any compiler fixes).
2. Try a different compiler.
3. Run "make check" when building the software - that will run the standard CUPS test suite which includes a test of the logging facilities. File bugs for any failures you get and include the compiler and OS versions and patch levels.