[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3538: Configuration ConfigFilePerm Is Ignored

Jeffrey M. Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Thu Mar 25 14:34:09 PDT 2010

[STR New]

ConfigFilePerm seems to be ignored in cupsd.conf.  To test, I chmodded
everything in the cups config directory to 0777, and then tried
ConfigFilePerm settings like 0000 or 0755.  After a CUPS restart, the only
files that changed are the following and they were reset to the same perms
regardless of setting:

-rw------- 1 root lp      0 2010-03-05 05:59 classes.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root lp   4613 2010-03-24 16:46 cupsd.conf
-rw------- 1 root lp   4876 2010-03-24 16:46 printers.conf

Additionally the following two directories were reset predictably, which
may or may not matter:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root lp   4096 2010-03-24 16:20 ppd
drwx------ 2 root lp   4096 2010-03-05 05:59 ssl

All perms I tried resulted in the same permissions as above.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3538
Version: 1.4.2