[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3540: Auto-typing doesn't work whenupgrading from 1.3.x to 1.4.x

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:11:37 PDT 2010

On 03/26/2010 10:14 PM, Maxwell Draven wrote:

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW.
>
> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> If you are right, why the printer works perfectly in CUPS 1.3.x, but
> doesn't work in CUPS 1.4.x ?
>
> Is the printer the main problem here, really ? I don't believe it.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3540
> Version: 1.4-current
> Fix Version: None

This does not only happen for this printer but also for other printers,
the solution is to clear the CUPS cache when updating from 1.3.x to
1.4.x, as I described in the OpenPrinting bug report. I am packaging
CUPS for Ubuntu and there I let the CUPS 1.4.x packages clear the cache
if they get installed replacing a CUPS 1.3.x package.

    Till