[cups.general] CUPS backend issue writing to file

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue May 4 10:32:43 PDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 2:57 PM, Daniel Stoeck wrote:
> My backend itself works now. But I can only write my postscript files to /tmp/***.ps :( Is it possible to write elsewhere? When I try to write to paths like /var/mypostscripts/ it gives me pstops failed error messages. Is there a list of allowed paths to write?

The sandbox profile prevents you from writing to /etc/*, /usr/local/etc/*, /var/*, /Library, /System/*, and /Users/*, however you *can* write to /Library/Application Support, /Library/Caches, /Library/Preferences, /Library/Printers, and other directories not otherwise blocked by filesystem permissions.

For example, you could create a directory called /PostScriptFiles and write files there from your backend, but not /Library/PostScriptFiles.