[cups.general] Mixed page jobs in Adobe Illustrator

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed May 5 09:03:01 PDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 2:33 AM, Garry wrote:
> Hello, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

This is fine, however to get a fix in Mac OS X you need to file a bug report with Apple:

    http://bugreport.apple.com

> I have a customer who regularly uses Illustrator (14) to produce mixed sized jobs, (IE containing both A4 and A3 pages), from his Mac.
>
> When he used Mac OS-X 10.3 he claims he was able to print these mixed sized jobs to his Ricoh printer, (Aficio MP C2500), and the different sizes would be printed no problem. Now he's upgraded to 10.6 he is unable to do this anymore, all the pages come out the same size depending on "page setup" settings. He swears blind that this worked fine before he upgraded his Mac.

It is entirely possible that changes to the printing system over the last 7 years have caused printer-specific PostScript output to work differently in Mac OS X 10.6.  I am not aware of any specific Illustrator issues in current Mac OS X, but we (Apple) will need to see the files in question along with the version information to figure out why this is happening.