[cups.general] CUPS documentation and web content at the same place

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu May 6 06:31:09 PDT 2010

Hello,

On May 5 08:51 Michael Sweet wrote (shortened):
> On May 5, 2010, at 2:55 AM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
>> Michael,
>> would you mind if I use now in the Novell/openSUSE CUPS RPMs
>>   ./configure --with-docdir=%{_datadir}/cups/webcontent
>> or should I better wait until you changed the CUPS upstream
>> default location of the web content?
>
> The cups.org documentation currently reflects the defaults
> as set on Mac OS X. They already don't match what you ship,
> so please go ahead and make it whatever you need.
>
>> May I file an enhancement request for CUPS 1.5 regarding the issue?
>
> You can, but I'm not really sure at this point what the
> changes (if any) would be.

Just a proposal, see
http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3578

I expect that you may no accept the changed default setting
but I would be happy if at least the "configure --help" output
shows the actual meaning of the '--with-docdir' setting,
i.e. that this is not about 'doc' as in 'documentation'
but about 'doc' as in 'DocumentRoot'.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex