cups-1.4 printer optionsgone/Unsupportedformat'application/vnd.cups-banner'

James Mackay james.mackay at innoviafilms.com
Thu May 20 02:43:38 PDT 2010

I've gone with the install in the default location and when I do a search for libcupsimage I get the following back:

wigbasis8:root> find / -name "libcupsimage*"
/usr/lib/libcupsimage_s.a
/usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage.a
/usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage.order
/usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage_s.a
/usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage_s.exp
/usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage_s.o

Just to make sure that I've understood this correctly. Is the LDFLAGS an environment variable that needs set before running the configure script?

So I would do something like:

export LDFLAGS=/usr/lib

then:

./configure