[cups.general] cups-1.4 printer optionsgone/Unsupportedformat'application/vnd.cups-banner'

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu May 20 08:48:38 PDT 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 2:43 AM, James Mackay wrote:
> I've gone with the install in the default location and when I do a search for libcupsimage I get the following back:
>
> wigbasis8:root> find / -name "libcupsimage*"
> /usr/lib/libcupsimage_s.a
> /usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage.a
> /usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage.order
> /usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage_s.a
> /usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage_s.exp
> /usr/local/bin/cups/source/cups-1.4.3/filter/libcupsimage_s.o
>
> Just to make sure that I've understood this correctly. Is the LDFLAGS an environment variable that needs set before running the configure script?

Actually, it looks like what needs to happen is that you edit /usr/bin/cups-config to change "-lcups" to "-lcups_s" and "-lcupsimage" to "-lcupsimage_s". That will allow a standard run of the Ghostscript configure script to work...

Then please file a bug report on this so I can fix it in 1.4.4:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php

Thanks!