[cups.general] "Job" before each print job

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu May 20 08:57:31 PDT 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 6:24 AM, EDSTech wrote:
> Printing to a HP P2055dn produces a single page before each print job that has the word "JOB" on the top left.  The rest of the page is blank.  Then your job will be printed fine.  I've determined this has to be a CUPS issue because when connecting the printer directly to a Win machine, bypassing CUPS, this does not occur.

That is an incorrect assumption. Windows drivers often change their behavior depending on how they are connected to the device. The fact that you are using a raw driver on the CUPS side points to an issue with the output of the driver.

Try printing to a file on the Windows side and then doing:

    lp -d printer -o raw filename

on the CUPS server.