[cups.general] [OFFTOPIC] searching for an MFP with "special" features

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Mon May 24 22:44:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to find a networked MFP which can save the images
produced by the scanner module to an USB stick, in an entirely
autonomous way (no need for a computer).

I personally own an HP CM1312NFI which can save its scans to several
models of memory cards with its integrated card reader, but NOT to an
USB stick.

I've seen things like HP 7650n which is not an MFP but a networked
scanner (through an external axis server), but it can only save to FTP,
email etc... but not to a local USB stick.

What we are searching must allow us to print through the network, fax
module is not necessary, and scan autonomously (no driver, no computer).

Does anyone know if such a beast exists ???

Thanks in advance

Jerome Alet