Windows Driver & Job Holding

Nick nick.couchman at seakr.com
Tue May 25 06:34:45 PDT 2010

> Nick wrote:
>
> As this is a JCL option, die you "sanitize" aour printer's PPD on the
> Windows side as indicated in the README file?
>
> Helge

I had not sanitized the PPD file - I went and read through the readme and looked at the PPD file.  I changed the following section:

*JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL JOB<0A>"
*JCLToPSInterpreter: "@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT <0A>"
*JCLEnd: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL EOJ<0A>"

to:

*JCLBegin: "%!PS-Adobe-3.0<0A>"
*JCLToPSInterpreter: ""
*JCLEnd: ""

There were no other JCL directives in the file, and just changing this section did not seem to make it pay attention to the job-hold-until option.  Is there something else I need to change or add to the PPD to tell it to pay attention to that option?

-Nick