Windows Driver & Job Holding

Nick nick.couchman at seakr.com
Tue May 25 08:29:53 PDT 2010

> I suspect you will have to insert an appropriate
> *JCLOpenUI
> *JCLCloseUI:
>
> chunk into your PPD for the hold job option which translates the UI options
> to the appropriate
> %cupsJobTicket: ...
> comments.
>

> Helge

It actually looks like cupsaddsmb already does the doctoring of the PPD file.  If I look in my /var/lib/samba/drivers directory, where my print$ share points, I see a PPD file for my printer.  If I search for JCL, I find the following section pasted below.  This seems to indicate that the PPD has the correct options, but, for some reason, these options are still being ignored by CUPS.

-Nick

*% CUPS Job Ticket support and options...
*Protocols: PJL
*JCLBegin: "%!PS-Adobe-3.0<0A>"
*JCLToPSInterpreter: ""
*JCLEnd: ""

*OpenGroup: CUPS/CUPS Options

*JCLOpenUI *cupsJobHoldUntil/Hold Until: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 0 JCLSetup *cupsJobHoldUntil
*DefaultcupsJobHoldUntil: no-hold
*cupsJobHoldUntil no-hold: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=no-hold
"
*End
*cupsJobHoldUntil indefinite: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=indefinite
"
*End
*cupsJobHoldUntil day-time: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=day-time
"
*End
*cupsJobHoldUntil evening: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=evening
"
*End
*cupsJobHoldUntil night: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=night
"
*End
*cupsJobHoldUntil second-shift: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=second-shift
"
*End
*cupsJobHoldUntil third-shift: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=third-shift
"
*End
*cupsJobHoldUntil weekend: "%cupsJobTicket: job-hold-until=weekend
"
*End
*JCLCloseUI: *cupsJobHoldUntil