Windows Driver & Job Holding

Nick nick.couchman at seakr.com
Wed May 26 13:21:05 PDT 2010

> It actually looks like cupsaddsmb already does the doctoring of the PPD file.  If I look in my /var/lib/samba/drivers directory, where my print$ share points, I see a PPD file for my printer.  If I search for JCL, I find the following section pasted below.  This seems to indicate that the PPD has the correct options, but, for some reason, these options are still being ignored by CUPS.
>
> -Nick
>

> *% CUPS Job Ticket support and options...
> *Protocols: PJL
> *JCLBegin: "%!PS-Adobe-3.0<0A>"
> *JCLToPSInterpreter: ""
> *JCLEnd: ""

Any other ideas, anyone?  Tried this on multiple CUPS servers, and none of them seem to behave as they should when the "Hold Until" option is selected from Windows.  All work fine when printing directly with CUPS - either local on the print server or remotely from other systems connected to the print server.  Just seems to be a disconnect between Samba and CUPS.

-Nick