Printjob size

Dennis Duggen astbis at gmail.com
Thu May 27 03:27:21 PDT 2010

Hi forum

I have been wondering why the print job size is so huge. A 2 page OpenOffice document with some pictures can easily get up to 30-50M. This results in blocking of the printer. It takes realy long time for the printer to proces the data.
We have 4 printers all running through cups, and at times 20-40 students have to print they're reports about the same time. This results in print jobs that takes hours to process even if the jobs are spread on all 4 printers.

What can i do to speed it up?
Is there a way to debug?

Thanks for any help in advance.