[cups.development] Printer Supported and current resolution

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon May 24 08:30:46 PDT 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 7:11 AM, Alex Cohen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to dynamically create some images to be sent to a printer. How can i figure out the needed resolution for a specific printer?

Will you be generating CUPS raster printer or just sending something through to be converted for whatever format the printer takes?

For a CUPS raster printer, use cupsRasterInterpretPPD:

    http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/api-raster.html

For anything else at the application level on Mac OS X, use the PMPrinterGetOutputResolution function.