[cups.development] cgpdftoraster

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue May 25 10:45:26 PDT 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 8:04 AM, Alex Cohen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is cgpdftoraster open source?

No, sorry.

> If so, where can i get the source and if not, is there anything comparable that does not use poppler or gs?

I am not aware of any open source PDF RIPs other than Ghostscript and Xpdf/poppler.

If you need to render PDF to a bitmap on a Mac, the best/easiest path is via CoreGraphics - you can open the PDF file and render the pages to a bitmap context. That's essentially what cgpdftoraster is doing along with N-up support, etc.