[cups.development] HTTP API and blocking

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu May 27 03:27:24 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 11:26 -0700, Michael Sweet wrote:
> Basically, yes, mainly because the IPP machinery can't deal with
> partial reads and still error-out nicely for the scheduler.  There are
> some things we've looked at doing to solve this issue but haven't
> mainly due to available time...

It would be fantastic to have the HTTP/IPP parts of libcups work in a
completely non-blocking manner so that they can be hooked into an event
loop and supply their results in a callback.

For system-config-printer I've ended up concluding that right now the
only way to use libcups is from a separate thread.

Tim.
*/