[cups.general] CUPS media size selection from Windows.

Matías Teplitzky matiastepli at xtech.com.ar
Mon Nov 1 08:19:21 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I've setup a print server using cups + samba using the "point & click"
approach as described in the "Classical
printing support" section of the official "Samba howto collection"
document [1]. I've already configured several
network printers that are used by windows clients. That is working
fine so far, except for the following issue:
it happen to be that when Windows users choose the media size (A4,
letter, executive, whatever), CUPS seems to ignore
that setup so it always print according the media size configured in
CUPS. In other words, if a user choose to print
on executive but CUPS is setup with A4, it will print on A4. Is there
a way to configure CUPS so that it respects the
users choice?.

Some other information that might be relevant:

* The print server is using Debian Lenny.

* Packages: cups (1.3.8-1), samba (3.2.5).

I will appreciate any given tip or hint to solve this.

Thanks in advance!.

Cheers.