[cups.general] Jobs going to Stopped - Cups Restart the Only Resort

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Nov 4 14:01:15 PDT 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:47 PM, Anurag Chourasia wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Both the printer and the machines have the same subnet mask i.e. 255.255.255.0
>
> Please note that both the working and non-working machine are on same network.
>
> However, I have seen this problem with two physical printers now. Printer model is Zebra ZM400 and both are using D-Link Network Server.

I don't have a whole lot of personal experience with D-Link servers, but since it works from one machine and not another I think we can rule out the printers and print servers.  Look at the machines and how they connect to the network (cable, card, port on the switch, etc.)

> Is there anything else I could try to get to the bottom of this issue?

Network analyzers are your best bet; you can also look at port logs (if you have a "smart" switch that provides you with this information).

I'd also try swapping the working and non-working systems - move them as needed and connect the non-working machine to the working machine's cables and visa-versa.

Verify that both systems have the exact same software installed. If the machines are identical (same make/model/configuration of hardware) they should yield identical results over the same network cable and port on the switch you connect to.