[cups.general] Jobs going to Stopped - Cups Restart the Only Resort

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Nov 5 08:25:42 PDT 2010

On Thursday, November 04, 2010 05:07:23 pm Anurag Chourasia did opine:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Both the printer and the machines have the same subnet mask i.e.
> 255.255.255.0

If you have the devices on different 10.xx.subnets, AIUI, you are forcing
the first 3 triplets to match.  I may be wrong, but that raises flags to me
as historically, the 255.255.255.0 has always indicated that miss-matches
in the first 3 triplets are a full miss, and to be ignored.

From the addresses quoted below that would be 255.0.0.0, which would open
up a security hole.

Or is my ancient wet ram in error?  Heck, I don't even know which man page
would be authoritative.

> Please note that both the working and non-working machine are on same
> network.

I assume you are referring to the same switch when you say network.