job shows as completed but never printed

DougB db34803 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 19:44:19 PST 2010

I'm new to CUPS and Linux.  I have CUPS installed on a Ubuntu/Linux/i386 box that serves as a home file/Samba server for our Windows boxes.  I have one printer installed, a Canon MP830 via USB to the Linux box.  The printer is available to the Windows boxes on our network and works without problems.  When I print a file 'directly' from the Linux box either via Putty or a test page from the CUPS web browser interface, the job will show as complete in the CUPS All jobs list but never prints.  How do I sort this out?  Thanks.