printing pdf and odt files from lp.

Prekates Alexandros aprekates at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 03:11:26 PST 2010

I tried to print a pdf and odt file with lp command with no success.
I get many pages (each one with a scrambled line on top of the page), and my printers becomes unstable. Even if i cancel that jop from web interface, those pages still get printed.

Only the first of those page had a line with meaning (the half line read " mimetypeapplication/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text (scrambled afterthat)"

So is a simple mime thing thats cant be corrected or lp dont support those formats?

ps: lp prints images and simple text ok

Thanks.
Alexandros