[cups.general] Raw printing only for one printer

Bryan J. Maupin bmaupin at uta.edu
Fri Nov 19 06:40:00 PST 2010

1. If to add a raw print queue I simply need to not specify a PPD, what
is the "-m raw" option of lpadmin for?
2. How do I set up Windows printers to be able to print raw?  The
document I mentioned
(http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/CUPS-printing.html#id2634124)
says:

"In the |smb.conf| file |[printers]| section add use client driver = Yes
<http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/smb.conf.5.html#USECLIENTDRIVER>"

However in my smb.conf file, I have this line commented out:

";    cups options = raw"

Which is correct?
3. The above approaches to raw printing via Samba seem to be all or
nothing.  Is it possible for me to set up some print queues so that
Windows will use the CUPS drivers and others so that Windows will use
standard print drivers (raw)?