IPPs with Ubuntu, Cups 1.4.5 how to ...

Saboundjian r.saboundjian at epson.eu
Wed Nov 24 02:46:57 PST 2010

I'm trying to configure Cups to print using ipps. the url to reach the printer is ok using https. For your information, I can print using https with Windows seven without problem (queue: https://printername/ipp)

What I have done:
- Download and Install the CA certificate using mozilla.
- On terminal launch the commands:
cd /usr/libexec/cups/backend
sudo ln -s ipp https

>From now, I can create the queue, but when I try to print something the job stays in the queue.

Do I need to copy the CA certificate somwhere ?
It seems that there is no communication between printer and PC.

For your information, it works when I printer using http://printername/ipp but not https://printername:443/ipp

Do you know why?
Thank you by advance for your response.