Use ipptool to set collection "media-col"

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Nov 9 14:10:49 PST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:02 PM, thomas griffiths wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently working on some IPP printer tests, and have a question regarding the current ipptool 1.5.  I imagine the ipptoo has the ability to set job-attributes collections like "media-col?"  However, I have not been able to create a successful print-job operation specifying the various collection items held in "media-col."
>
> I was hoping someone might be able to help provide me an example test with the correct ipptool syntax to exercise this job-attribute?

Here is a simple example from the CUPS trunk sources:

# Print a test page using Print-Job + media-col
#
# Usage:
#
#    ./ipptest -f filename ipp://... print-job-media-col.test
{
        # The name of the test...
        NAME "Print test page using Print-Job + media-col"

        # The operation to use
        OPERATION Print-Job

        # Attributes, starting in the operation group...
        GROUP operation-attributes-tag
        ATTR charset attributes-charset utf-8
        ATTR language attributes-natural-language en
        ATTR uri printer-uri $uri
        ATTR name requesting-user-name $user
        ATTR mimetype document-format application/octet-stream

        GROUP job-attributes-tag
        ATTR collection media-col {
                MEMBER collection media-size {
                        # 4x6
                        MEMBER integer x-dimension 10160
                        MEMBER integer y-dimension 15240
                }
        }
        ATTR enum print-quality 5

        FILE $filename

        # What statuses are OK?
        STATUS successful-ok
        STATUS successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes

        # What attributes do we expect?
        EXPECT job-id OF-TYPE integer WITH-VALUE >0
        EXPECT job-uri OF-TYPE uri
}