[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #3730: Photosmart 3310 not printing or aborting job after 10 cm of printing

Quentin quentin.denis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:40:01 PST 2010

[STR New]

Dear all,

I am running a Photosmart 3310 on my openSUSE 11.3 box. Printing documents
with LibreOffice.org works fine, but when it comes to pdf with either
Acrobat Reader or Okular, the job will not be executed correctly. In the
first case, the job is not even launched, in the second case, the job will
start, about 10cm of the page will be printed and then the printer aborts
printing and ejects the page (and some of the following, too, usually).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3224566/logs/access_log
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3224566/logs/error_log
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3224566/logs/error_log.O
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3224566/logs/page_log

and a screenshot of my cups webinterface:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3224566/logs/cups-webinterface.pdf
This one is interesting, it shows my recent jobs and only the ones where
"Seiten" (means pages) has a number are the job that succeeded. In the
past I also had a lot of troubled with backend and filter failures but I
currently can't reproduced them (they are still not fixed!).

Well, I really don't know how to get this major problem fixed on my Linux
box. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
Quentin Denis

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3730