Multiple copies and staples

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Fri Oct 1 00:42:17 PDT 2010

Yoni Millen wrote:

> I've got a Ricoh Aficio MP 9000 and it is capable of putting staples in
> paper. If I print via command line with lp and I ask multiple copies, the
> printer prints everything and puts one staple in everything.
>
> So if I type: lp -d RICOH_Aficio_MP_9000 -o OutputBin=FinShift -o
> StapleLocation=UpperLeft -n 10 -o Collate=True It prints 10 copies of the
> document and puts 1 staple in my 10 copies instead of 1 staple in each
> copy.
>
> Now I get around it by sending each copy seperately but this isn't the way
> it should be so how can I fix this?

I suppose your printer is equipped with the PostScript option and you use
the Ricoh supplied PPD.
As for stapling, it only specifies "/Staple 2" in the respective
setpagedevice statements, that means, according to the PLRM, stapling at the
end of the job regardles of the values vor copies and collate.

You could try to modify the PPD and replace
/Staple 2
by
/Staple 3
everywhere, and try again.