Epson printer settings

Richard Bown richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 02:11:32 PDT 2010

> Hello,

> >> Perhaps
> >> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Print_Settings_with_CUPS
> >> might help you to find out where the unexpected 2880x2880
> >> resolution could be stored.
> >>
> > Thanks, I had a look at that and as a result did this:-
> > /home/richard/.cups/lpoptions
> > So there is only one lpoptions on this computer and that shows
> > the print resolution at 1444 x 720 dpi
> > Thats nothing like 2880 x 2880
> > There is another file hidden somewhere, ???
>
> Have a closer look at
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Print_Settings_with_CUPS
> so that you would notice "/etc/cups/lpoptions".
>

> Kind Regards
> Johannes Meixner

I already did  Johannes and the contents are :-
Default EPSON-Stylus-Photo-R285 Resolution=360dpi

What else is hidden in that document I might not have noticed ?

Its not in lpoptions I've checked all that show up on a search :-
[root at g8jvm richard]# locate lpoptions
/etc/cups/lpoptions
/home/richard/.cups/lpoptions
/usr/bin/lpoptions
/usr/share/cups/www/help/man-lpoptions.html
/usr/share/man/man1/lpoptions.1.gz

Its not stored on the printer as any volatile memory is not battery backed.

I wouldn't have asked the question if I hadn't looked everywhere I could think of. A polite RTFM is not very helpful.