Epson printer settings

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Sat Oct 2 02:33:30 PDT 2010

Richard Bown wrote:

> <snip>
>>
>> The pstops filter does insert the PostScript statements from the default
>> settings of the printer's PPD into the setup section of the job.
>>
>> Helge
>>
> Thanks
> maybe getting somewhere, I've greped all of /etc/*
> all of the home directories and the only place that the resolution of
> 2880x2880 appears in in the .ppd file. How do I change the pstops filter
> behaviour , or where do I need to change in the .ppd file.
>
> If this is the case anyone with the same printer who does not use the
> simplified driver has the same problem.
>
> I still have the simplified driver renamed in the cups directory, I could
> rename the current .ppd file and revert to the simplified, and if that
> changes the default settings, that would point to a unwanted feature. ( a
> bug )
>

> thanks
> Richard

Look into your PPD and see if there is a OpenUI .. CloseUI section where
several resolution values can be selected. If yes, then you may chose the
resolution you want either using the lpadmin command (see the man page) or
the web interface (manage printers).

If in doubt, post (an URL to) the PPD.

Helge