HP Color LaserJet CP3525dn not woring properly

Carlos Ezequiel Andrüsh zekeadmin at smart-bridge.com.ar
Mon Oct 4 13:15:41 PDT 2010

Hi everybody:

First of all I'd like to thank everyone in this community, you have saved me from several problems and headaches .

I am having an issue with an HP Color Laserjet CP3525dn network printer in my job. It's kinda strange, and it's giving me a nice trouble trying to fix it.
Here's the error: When I send any document to print I got an error: Network host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is busy, retrying in 30 seconds (I don't know how's the exact english text for this error, this is the best I can do translating the original error I got in spanish -recuperable: El ordenador de red 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' está ocupado; reintento en 30 segundos...-)
If I reinstall the printer (without rebooting the PC or the printer) it starts working, but only for a few minutes, then I got the same error.
If I reboot the PC or the printer the error continues.
I have a LDAP and nfs for user management and remote fs shares.
All users belong to lp, lpadmin and sys groups (those groups are created in ldap server in order to avoid GID missmatch). I think it's necessary for the printer's correct behavior.
The printer is configured to have a static IP address.

I am not a printer server administrator, so I am looking for any advise, orientation or suggestion. I really need this printer working.

Thanks in advance

Zeke

PS: I am sorry, my english is very limited. If I didn't make myself clear please make me notice it and I'll try to do it better...