Shipping Labels not printing in Landscape format on Zebra GX420t printer

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Thu Oct 7 10:30:29 PDT 2010

Swadesh Katoch wrote:

>> > Helge,
>> >
>> > I can email you the postscript file. Otherwise tell me how to put it on
>> > an URL?
>> >
>> > Thanks & Regards
>> > Swadesh
>>
>> Yes, e-mail it to me to
>> h dot blischke at acm dot org
>>
>> Helge
>>
> I sent you the post script file. Please let me know if you have received
> it.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Swadesh

Yes, I received it, thanks.

A first test revealed that it has been produced by either Adebe Reader or
Acrobat, and it shows up one of the quirks Acrobat generated Postscript is
common for:
The page size is set up in the page setup section of the first page.
That is *not* the place where CUPS's pstops filter expects it, so it inserts
the page size default into the document setup section. Moreover, the page
size set up by Acrobat obviously is from some defaults file (PPD?), whereas
the bounding box seems correct, but that is not used by the pstops filter.

I'd strongly suggest to feed the PDF into CUPS and let the pdftops filter do
the conversion. Perhaps you could supply more details about your CUP
configuration, so that I could give you some more hints.

Helge